Introductions to the Dais

My name is Katie Lee and I will be your head chair for BMUN 66!  I am a fourth year student pursuing a simultaneous degree in Environmental Science and Political Science.  I am also BMUN's Under-Secretary General of Research, in my fourth year of BMUN and eighth year of MUN in total.  In addition to BMUN and academics, I have done 2 years of undergraduate research and am now completing my own independent thesis project in my final year, analyzing climate refugees in the wake of the Caribbean hurricanes. I also work for a smart city policy consulting group in San Francisco doing research and policy recommendations.  In my free time, I take advantage of the beautiful Bay Area hikes, enjoy live music and concerts, and play on BMUN's intramural soccer team.  Please read below to learn a bit about your vice chairs!


I'm Anthony, one of CSTD's vice chairs this year. This is currently my first year at Cal, but I have high school MUN experience including attending THIMUN(the largest high school MUN in the world). My major at Berkeley is Molecular and Cell Biology, and I'm deeply passionate about the overlap between biology and politics and hope to explore it with you through this committee. Additionally, I love traveling; I lived in the Netherlands for two years and have been to five continents. Can't wait to serve as your vice chair and for the conference to begin!


TJ Ford is a third year student at Cal focusing in biochemistry and cognition. Outside of formal studies, she works at UCSF at the Sandler Neurosciences Center where she is a part of a team studying the effect of rhythm on working memory and attention. She is fascinated with the brain and how it interacts with technology. She also researches the effects of formaldehyde in the Genes and Environment Lab here at Cal. She is incredibly passionate about her studies and the potential impact that her research could have for individuals. In her spare time, she loves to write, hike, argue, and camp (as well as backpack). Though she will not be at conference this year, she loves the possibilities that CSTD allows us and the scope of our work.



Comments

  1. Hi everyone! My name is Amritha, and my partner Deepak and I are representing Malaysia at this year’s BMUN! We are super excited to meet all of you guys in a month! I have been doing MUN for a few years now, but this is one of my first science and technology committees. On my free time I like to binge watch Disney movies, perfect my vegan cooking skills, and sleeping (which is probably the favorite past time for any sleep-deprived junior). I can’t wait to meet you all!

    Hey guys! My name is Deepak, and I’m currently a junior at Foothill High School! I’ve competed in a few MUN conferences in the past, including a couple of technology committees (such as CSTD at DMUNC and ATC at SMUNC). Other than MUN, I also enjoy reading, building with legos, and playing yugioh. I have a passion in both technology and computers, and I can’t wait to discuss this topic as well as the first one! See you in committee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Data And It's Importance In Our Lives

Block Chain and the Information Economy

Introduction to Moral Philosophy